St. Catherine University

St. Catherine University was founded in St. Paul in 1905 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, under the leadership of Mother Seraphine Ireland. The University is named for St. Catherine of Alexandria, the fourth-century Egyptian lay philosopher who suffered martyrdom for her faith. A site for the University was chosen atop the city’s second-highest hill, in the area now known as Highland Park. The first benefactor was Hugh Derham of Rosemount, who contributed $20,000 for the first building. The building, named Derham Hall, opened in January 1905, offering classes to high school boarding students and lower-division college students. Now with two beautiful campuses in the Twin Cities, St. Catherine University is home to more than 5,200 students in a wide array of disciplines and degree levels.

Staff at the College of St. Catherine first contacted mapformation in 2002 after meeting our Founder and CEO at a conference. After several years of period phone and email conversations, our firm was hired to develop a new campus map using Trimble SketchUp software in February 2010. Finished artwork was delivered in May 2011.

Powered By: AcademicsWeb