Minneapolis Institute of Arts Floor Diagrams

Minneapolis Institute of Arts

The Minneapolis Institute of Arts was established in 1883. The museum building, designed by the firm of McKim, Mead and White, opened its doors in 1915. In 1974 the Japanese architect Kenzo Tange was commissioned to design needed additions to the neoclassical structure. In the 1990s, with funds from the New Beginnings Campaign, the museum was renovated, the collections reinstalled, and state of the art technology introduced to help visitors and members interpret the works of art.

The Institute became a client of mapformation in the summer of 2005, when they contacted our firm looking for an updated set of floor diagrams for their facilities after adding approximately forty percent more square footage to their primary facility. Finished artwork was delivered in the winter 2005-2006.

Powered By: AcademicsWeb