City of St. James, Minnesota

In 1867, the directors of the Sioux City and St. Paul railroads had a meeting. They decided to complete a railroad between the two cities and operate the railroad in two divisions. Upon consulting their maps, they ascertained that the point between the two divisions would be in the middle of Watonwan County. At that time, the entire area was destitute of any settlers for many miles. That settlement eventually became St. James, a proud community of almost 5,000 people that has excellent medical services, housing opportunities, city services, scenic beauty, schools, churches, and more.

The City of St. James became a client of mapformation in August 2012, after numerous discussions regarding the creation of a new map of the City for its residents and visitors. Finished artwork will be delivered in the Fall of 2012.

Powered By: AcademicsWeb