This particular style of map is designed to represent a more fun, casual, child-friendly approach to navigating a particular property. In contrast to our other more "formal" styles, cartoon-style illustrations include a number of unique design elements that do not directly relate to wayfinding, including the insertion of a number of human figures and other design elements which add a great deal of visual interest to the piece. Venues looking to market themselves to children and their parents tend to be the primary consumers of this type of mapping style, although "kids of all ages" thoroughly enjoy this fun, relaxed style of illustration, which is created through a combination of work at the drafting table, along with finishing design touches using Adobe Photoshop software. For examples of cartoon-style maps that we have completed for our clients in the past, please visit our portfolio.
Frequently Asked Questions: (opens a new window after a brief pause)
1. What type of reference materials are typically needed to complete this type of project?
2. What types of files are delivered when the job is complete?
3. How can my map be utilized after the project is finished?
4. Who maintains the map after the initial design work is complete?
5. Who owns the copyright to the artwork that is developed?
6. What does it typically cost to develop this style of map?
For additional information, please feel free to contact us.